Do not be discouraged when there is a point when it seems you can’t write because no idea seems to flow. This is a natural occurrence of a writer. Even the greatest writers in history experience writer’s block. I do experience this at times and I understand how frustrating it can be. But the more you force your mind into writing; you just can’t get over that block. It’s time to stop. Drop everything. Turn off your computer.
I find these strategies very powerful. I have a personal experience on how effective these are.
Do something creative other than writing of course. You can engage into painting for a day or write poems. Get your camera and go to a park. Take pictures of the scenery. Capture people’s faces. You will find this refreshing and inspiring. If you are into crafts, do something nice. Go shopping for decorative items for your house would also help. The most important thing is to get that creative imagination to spark and you can only do that by exercising your creativity in different forms.
Do some exercises. You need to move your body. Go to a dance studio if you must or just turn on a YouTube dance channel and dance with it. I do that all the time. Walking or running will also be helpful. I like it when I run. It empties my mind and it allows me to refocus. When your mind becomes open again, ideas will flow.
Write early. I love it when I write early in the morning. I can write really fast. This is because my mind has rested. I write best between 4:00 to 6:00 am. I also love the peace and quiet during these hours.
Eradicate distractions from your sight. It’s good to do some cleaning. Arrange the clutter and throw what needs to be thrown away. Distractions can impede our thought processes. Go to a place in your house to just be alone. Silence is very powerful.
Listen to music. Soothing music relaxes the mind. Put on music all the way to your sleep. You will wake up with a rejuvenated mind. Music takes away the worries and allows you to focus.
Do some freewriting. Write anything what comes to mind. It trains your brain to think fast. Just let the words flow. Do not be conscious with spelling, grammar and punctuations. Let the words keep coming. Do this for 15 minutes every day until the best idea comes out.
Write before going to sleep. Maybe write for 15 minutes or more and bring the story to sleep. You will be amazed in the morning that you have imagined how the story would end. When you are in that state, get on to your computer and let your fingers get that typing rhythm.
Writer’s block is not something lethal. It happens once in a while. Manage yourself whenever you feel you are stuck and not a word or idea comes out.
Regular updates on your website are vital to your business credibility and your site’s performance as well. Let us examine top 5 reasons why website updates are important.
- Right impression. Your website is your 24/7 shop. Every now and then referrals may visit your site. Sure you want to convert that referral into a sale. Giving a great impression is vital. Updates will tell site visitors that your business is active and running. You have to tell them what your business now and not what your business was last 5 months ago. Let’s say you go to a website and you find that the last update was a year ago? What comes to mind?
- Well organized business. It goes to show that you are on top of things. In a small business, it is most likely you get to do everything and updating your website is the last thing that you want to do with so many things to accomplish. Again, we go back to the purpose of why you started your website. Of course you want to increase your market reach and now that you have that power, you have to put it into use.
- Get search engines to like you. It may take a while to get to top ranking in a Google search but you see, updates attract search engines. These search engines sorts out from among the billions of contents and get them to end users. Getting that useful content is helpful.
- Communication. Your website is your convenient channel to reach out and communicate to your customers and vice versa. A good customer relation will bring you lots of benefits. You will not only build a better relationship with them but they can help you grow your business more by referring your business to friends because that is how satisfied they have become.
- New offering. When you update your website with what is new, your customers will come back regularly because they know there might be new products they might need and buy.
Let me further share to you these:
- Be sure to show your public your latest activity. Get it noticeable on your webpage. Send email updates to them. Remember that old news is just inexcusable.
- Be conscious of the use of time and dates. This gives the impression of urgency.
- Be on the lookout on when to update your licensing statement found at the bottom portion of your webpage. This can be done automatically with the help of codes.
The moment you decide to setup a website for your business, you must realize right there and then that you have to take time for updates. In fact you must have spent a considerable time to craft a good plan on how to run it.
Never underestimate the benefits your business website can do for you. On the other hand, never underestimate the harm it can do to you when you do not get updates going regularly.
Blogging has for some become a hobby. For some it remained a hobby for so many years. For others, it was a hobby and became an income generating hobby. The cyberspace has offered to us endless possibilities. It is very hard to imagine without it.
Let us say you want to blog. The next thing is you should ask yourself what is it that you want to blog about. You can see blogs tackling topics on parenting, travel, business, crafts, DIY and fashion to name a few. List general topics you are very interested in; topics you are very knowledgeable about or things that you love doing the most. In other words, what is your passion all about?
Why does it have to be your passion? It should have to be a topic you’re passionate about because your readers will know on the tone on how you write your blog if you are sincere about what you are sharing to them.
So, here is how you blog:
- It’s time to get a little personal. When you are able to share more of yourself, your readers will love you because it goes to show you are real not just some fiction character you created in your imagination. When you do this, you will gain a lot of followers in no time. Introduce yourself. Make use of “about” page to do this. People are generally easily emotionally attached. You are encouraging them to know you. You can choose to start a fashion blog and provide what’s current and what’s hot and still impart your own personal views perhaps by making your own thoughts known.
- It’s important to take time designing your blog site. Color scheme and layout are essential in attracting people to read your blog. If your blog is so cluttered, it can discourage visitors to read on. Keep in mind that your blog should be easy on the eye.
- It’s just right to set regular updates. One of the ways to win back visitors to come back to your blog is to let them know that they can expect something new. You could be creative like set Tuesdays as “Tuesday’s Adventure” or whatever you can think of along that line.Later on you will also learn that regular updates have something to do with SEO.
- It’s all about catchy titles too. Use the power of words to draw attention to your post. Get that right words in the right places. Entice readers. Get them interested. Get them to be curious enough to click on that link to your blog.
- It’s confidence or nothing. When you write, show that you are confident on what you are writing about. Believe in yourself and never allow any doubt to interfere your thoughts. People are perceptive and even the way you present yourself in the way you write can say a lot.
- It’s not image but images. People are generally visual so you have to make use of great and appropriate images.
- It’s interaction that creates community. Build your readers to be your community. Interact with them. Respond to comments on a timely manner. Encourage conversations.
There you go. Those tips should help you get started.
Blogging, Internet Marketing